Habitat Studio has been providing Edmonton with remarkable custom homes since 1992. Our specialty is distinctive, environmentally friendly homes that exceed the expectations of our clients. We draft our own unique designs with the highest quality construction in mind. Our industry leading sustainable design practices affirm our commitment to the well-being of the environment of Edmonton and the Earth. What makes Habitat Studio different? Our Team builds tailored houses. We work tirelessly to realize the needs, budget, and vision of our clients. Our goal is to turn dreams homes into real homes.
Current Job Opportunities:
Intermediate Interior Designer
We are looking to hire an interior designer to join our team for one year to fill in for maternity leave. Our ideal candidate is self- driven, passionate, creative, and organized. Our Interior Designers are involved in creating design concepts, space planning, presentations, producing drawings, researching materials and products, client interaction, and project management.
Position: This is a one-year full-time Interior Design position.
- Working with clients, other members of the team including interior designers, architectural designers, estimators, project managers, trades and suppliers.
- Working primarily with Revit, Sketchup, and Microsoft products.
- Coordinating and leading interior design and decorating aspects of projects.
- Managing client expectations, client meetings, presentations, and site visits.
- Space planning, conceptual design, interior construction drawings and use of building codes
- Research materials and finishes as required. Learning and sharing product knowledge
- Product specification and support
- Provide support to promotional activities that enhance the company’s professional image.
- Maintain quality drafting standards throughout all drawings.
- Site measurements and site visits as needed throughout construction.
- Keep product library organized and up to date.
- Make sample boards for both interior and exterior finishes
- Communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are of the utmost importance
- Willingness to learn and continue to improve
- Team spirit and attitude
- Revit, Sketchup, AutoCAD, and most Microsoft based software products
- Excellent graphic communication and presentation skills
- Experience with coordinating residential projects
- Excellent knowledge of interior design, documentation, detailing, building materials and codes, costs, are required
- Attention to detail
Education: Degree or Diploma in Interior Design
Experience: 5+ years’ experience in residential interior design
Hours: 8:00-5:00, 5 days a week
Compensation: Position will be competitively compensated based on the successful candidate’s experience and skills.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Resumes and applications will be accepted only via email to firstname.lastname@example.org