Habitat Studio has been providing Edmonton with remarkable custom homes since 1992. Our specialty is distinctive, environmentally friendly homes that exceed the expectations of our clients. We draft our own unique designs with the highest quality construction in mind. Our industry leading sustainable design practices affirm our commitment to the well-being of the environment of Edmonton and the Earth. What makes Habitat Studio different? Our Team builds tailored houses. We work tirelessly to realize the needs, budget, and vision of our clients. Our goal is to turn dreams homes into real homes.
We are looking to hire a full-time residential construction estimator to join our Team. The selected candidate will be working with a complete design team, director of operations, project managers, and clients. The primary role will be to complete accurate budgets for presentation to clients and for use during construction.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare budgets from construction drawings, site measurements, discussions, meetings, etc;
- Budgets for use by management for all aspects of construction projects;
- Participate in budget and sales presentations with clients and potential clients;
- Tracks and records costs for continuous improvement;
- Maintain unit price and productivity knowledge and database;
- Consults with vendors and all levels of Operations on a regular basis to discuss and formulate budgets, options and resolve issues;
- Conducts solicitation of materials, subcontractors, sub-trades, and consultants;
- Maintains a detailed understanding of the market conditions;
- Provide feedback and suggestions for continuous improvement of budgeting process;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven estimating experience in residential construction (4 years preferred)
- Working knowledge in Sage 100, Planswift, Windows, Adobe and Microsoft programs;
- Strong Communication and Computer Skills;
- Previous sales experience, customer service or client interaction a must;
- Class 5 Drivers License;
- Ability to work under pressure and within a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines;
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and documents;
- Safety conscious attitude;
- Exhibits very high organizational skills and level of confidence.
Full time position available immediately. Competitive salary, profit sharing, and full benefits.
Please send your resume to email@example.com
We would like to thank all those who apply. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We encourage you to keep up to date on our current Career Opportunities by visiting our website.